Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In Other News...

This blog isn't just about health and fitness... although I do write about that A LOT. This is a blog about the things I LOVE; exercise and food being two of those {which reminds me... I have MORE recipes to share!}. Another love of mine is DISNEY. As many of you know, I will be working for the Wonderful World of Disney in August, and it's a dream come true for me! I have ALWAYS wanted to work for Disney, and I'm getting the opportunity through one of Disney's internship programs. From August - January I will be working as a Disney Desk Representative and I will be living in Disney housing.

Today, I got an email from Disneyland Recruiting telling me who one of my roommates will be... and to my great surprise and happiness, I will be rooming with a woman I met through facebook and requested. We are BOTH so so excited about this! She's doing the program for the same reasons that I am; to strengthen the resume and gain some amazing work experience through a reputable company. If the opportunity to stay on with Disney works out, wonderful, if it doesn't, then we have great work experience to show from it and, hopefully, find jobs somewhere else. {I'm praying to stay at Disney though!!!} Many of the other college program participants are much younger than us and are in different places in their lives than we are (which is GREAT for them!), so we wanted to room together because we have similar mindsets going into this experience.

I will have more information for all of you about Disney related items later this year but for now, this is my exciting Disney news! When I learn more, I will definitely share any hints, tips and secrets that I can. If any of you are thinking of making trips to Disneyland this fall or winter, please contact me and I will give ANY discounts I have available to make your trip happen. Disneyland is an amazing place and it's one of my favorite places in the world, so if I can help make a trip for you and/or your family happen, I will GLADLY extend whatever discounts and knowledge I have so you can go and not completely break the bank!


No comments:

Post a Comment