Monday, March 5, 2012

Owie!

Remember how I was going to do Jamie Eason's LiveFit program? Well, I walked into the gym on Day 1 of the program with the intention of doing weights... that failed. I stood there having NO idea what I was doing, what I should be doing, what weights to use, and a whole host of other questions and emotions. I walked away feeling defeated and did my trusty cardio.

After I left the gym, I decided that I wasn't okay with the level of uncertainty I felt when it came to weight rooms and weight training. I decided to hire a personal trainer. Enter Jimmy.

I've been training with Jimmy for nearly 2 weeks now and I am LOVING it! Never have I felt SO incredibly sore and beaten to a pulp. It's fabulous! After I get a better feel for what we're doing and understand the super sets better, I'll actually start posting them, but for now, I'm working on technique and getting over the initial shock of what I'm doing to my body.

Here's a beautiful bruise that I walked away with at the end of this last week. I didn't support the bar on my shoulders like I was supposed to when I was doing squats. The bar wound up resting somewhat on my right bicep and well... that's a no-no, and here's the bruise to prove it.



Isn't it pretty?


Now it's a lovely shade of yellowish greenish purplish grossness. Like beaten unriped banana. Sexy n I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment