Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 4 NEW Challenge

Turns out I highly dislike the 30 Day Challenge I found online. I’m glad it’s gotten me back into the blogging spirit of things, though. I like the idea of a 30 day challenge, so I’m going to keep it up, but I found a new list that is more suitable to my personality. I mean, seriously, one of the days on my old list was: “a time you considered ending your life…” UM? NEVER?

Day 4 of NEW challenge : What Weird Things You Do When You’re Alone
(See, isn’t this better than discussing my views on drugs and suicide?!)

I am alone, MOST of the time. I like to be by myself. I don’t know if what I do is weird, or if the fact that most everything I do is done alone is the weird part? You can be the judge.

I work alone, on location. At work, I will organize my week into daily tasks, make my menu for the week, and plan my grocery store trip based on my meal plan. Many sites that I use at home, like Facebook and my Blogspot account, are actually BLOCKED at work, so I entertain myself with other things. I’ll surf the internet news stories, pin things on Pinterest for awhile, and I’ll work on entries in a Word document for future blog posts (*like now for instance).

When I’m home alone… I like to jump into Yoga pants IMMEDIATELY. I can most often be found in yoga pants, and a sweatshirt when I’m at home. I’ll knit, catch up on shows on Hulu, write in my journal, or read whatever book I’m onto at the time. Right now, I’m reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, which was recommended to me by my friends’ mother. I’ll write a review about it later. I’m still trying to figure out a way to read WHILE knitting, that would be awesome!! I guess audiobooks are an option… hmmm ponder.

Since I work for The Walt Disney Company, I have a pass that gets me into the park for free whenever I want to go. So I like to go alone. I actually really LOVE to go to the parks alone. I prefer it, in fact. Unless, I’m there with a close friend, members of my family, or my sisters. But other than those cases, I REALLY like to go alone. I wander around, go on Ariel’s Undersea Adventure 3-5 times in a row if I want to (most others would find that to be torturous), grab a tasty lunch (either soup in a bread bowl or pesto pasta!) and people watch. I guess that’s the weirdest thing I do alone… It does sound a little creeperish to go to Disneyland alone and people watch… maybe I should stop… NAH!!

I guess there are some other weird things I do when I’m alone … I LOVE to sing in my room. I will blast my “FaLaLaLa” playlist on my iPod (which contains songs from musicals, Glee, etc.) and belt it out if I know that no one is around to hear me! I also spend way too much time staring at myself in the mirror, tweezing my eyebrows, whitening my teeth, and wearing clay masks.

One time one of my roommates came home to find me knitting on the couch, watching a Law and Order: SVU Marathon on tv, with a green clay mask on my face. Britney Spears’ “I’m a Slave 4U” was blasting from the bathroom, too. Definitely, one of my classier moments.

Ya, so I guess I’m mild creeper status. I hope I don’t become more eccentric as I age… oh wait, that sounds AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. Your back and I love it! and you rock the middle part like nobodies business.

    ReplyDelete