Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 3 + WAFFLES

Day 3 : Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol

(If you can get through this... you'll find a buttermilk waffle recipe at the bottom!)

Well so far I don't like the 30 day challenge... sure it's been helpful in getting me back into the blogging feel of things, and I guess that's it's intent. So I'll answer the question then move on to FUN things....

Drugs - not a fan. Never would do them. Don't have an interest, AT ALL. Although, I approved of prescribed medications when used for appropriate medicinal purposes, and are used as directed/needed. I respect that others use drugs recreationally, that's your choice, I'm just not interested.

Alcohol - stickier subject. I know that I would be a social drinker, if I consumed alcohol. But I choose not to for my own personal reasons.

All in all - do what you want, I don't judge nor care. It's your life, your choice, and your body. This next statement applies in all aspects of my life : whatever you choose to do, is your choice, but if your choices start affecting me negatively, THEN we'll have a problem... otherwise, have at it!!
_________________________________________________

On to the fun stuff!

BUTTERMILK WAFFLES!!!!!


As we all know... I LOVE baking and cooking! I'll have to make a post about what LexiLu and I did for our version of "Thanksgiving," hehehe.... MOVING on!

I made waffles this morning! LexiLu has been requesting them recently and since December starts our Fat Ass Removal Month, today was the day she got her waffles just before Dec 1st.

I used my Disney Princess Waffle Iron and made these perfect beauties! LexiLu likes her waffles with butter, syrup, and powdered sugar. Our other roommate, Caroline, had NEVER had a waffle before. She's from Brazil and we call her our Alien. She tried one, and LOVED it! She divided her waffle into 4 sections and tried out different waffle topping ideas. She decided she likes syrup and strawberry jam the best!

I like my waffles with a light layer of extra chunky peanut butter and a layer of strawberry jam. I enjoyed my amazing waffle with a grande skinny hazelnut latte (130 calories only!). It was a perfect breakfast for my day off!

BUTTERMILK WAFFLE RECIPE

1 1/2 C all purpose flour
2t baking powder
3/4t baking soda
1/2t salt
2T sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 C buttermilk
3/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C milk, if needed

Put flour into a mixing bowl & add baking powder, baking soda, salt & sugar. Stir with a fork to blend. In another mixing bowl, beat eggs until well blended (*I do use a hand mixer for this recipe, I haven't noticed a difference between an electric mixer vs mixing by hand... just don't over beat the batter, which is true in ANY recipe). Stir in the buttermilk & melted butter (*make sure the melted butter is cooled off a little. I usually melt the butter at the beginning, then let it sit off to the side until it's time to use it). Add flour mixture & stir until well mixed. If the batter seems too thick, add milk to thin it out. (*Batter should FLOW from spoon, NOT plop).

Whole-Wheat Variation : Replace 3/4C of all purpose flour with 3/4C whole wheat flour. Proceed through recipe as directed above!

Lasty - ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment