Monday, February 6, 2012

LiveFit Week 1

I completed Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, which I lost 4lbs with and toned up somewhat. Especially in my arms. Which is the BEST!

One of my favorite "healthy living" blogs to follow is Meals & Moves. The author of the blog, Janetha, recently wrote about her experience with LiveFit here, and it caught my attention. If you've followed this blog since the beginning, you'll know that I had to train myself HOW to run, and that I've been training for a 1/2 marathon. Well, I've come to HATE running distances any longer than 5 miles. 5 miles is pushing it for my short attention span, and any longer than that and I want to SHOOT myself. I've worked myself up to being able to run 6 - 7 miles straight (depends on pace), but I get SO freaking bored and I can't stand the monotony of running and running... and running. I've discovered that I LOVE high intensity quick cardio circuits and weight training classes. Like Zumba, spinning, boot camps, and cross fit style workouts. SO LiveFit DEFINITELY caught my attention when Janetha did a review of it.

Today marks Week 1 for LiveFit and I'm diving in! If you're interested in LiveFit I check it out here.

Today's breakfast followed the meal plan for Week 1 of LiveFit:



5 egg whites
(1) starch - I chose cream of wheat with blueberries
unlimited veggies (I didn't have time to make a veggie omelet, which I will do when I'm NOT running out the door for work!).


5 egg whites scrambled with a little bit of salt and consumed with 1Tb of Ketchup! I can't eat eggs plain, they are generally NOT my favorite thing to eat plain. I usually have to make an Waffle EggWich, or Healthified Egg Muffin, but I was too spazzy this morning to dress it up. So the ketchup made it edible.


Cream of Wheat with 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and frozen blueberries.
This was the HIGHLIGHT for breakfast today. I am now OBSESSED with this breakfast. Love the flavors and super filling! I also added 1/2 a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder to give it a little protein boost.

DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment