Sunday, February 5, 2012

Brunchness with Quiche Puffs !

For Miss LexiLu's Birthday she requested a Birthday Brunch, to which I HAPPILY obliged!


I made crepes with fillers, mini pumpkin bread loaves, potatoes O'Brien, and baby quiche puffs!


Today I shall share recipes for the mini pumpkin loaves and quiche puffs!

Pumpkin Bread

1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 C vegetable oil
2/3 C water
3 C white sugar
3 1/2 C all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease & flour loaf pans.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.


In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.


Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into prepared pans.


Bake for about 50 min. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean!

Mini Quiche Puffs
(Adapted from Lisa Leatham's "Chili Cheese Egg Puffs")

1 small can diced green chilies
10 eggs
1 pint cottage cheese - small curds
1 lb grated jack cheese
Let this mixture set overnight in the refrigerator


In the morning add:
1/2 C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 C melted butter


Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pan well. Fill each 3/4 full.
Bake 30-35 minutes.
Makes about 30.

ENJOY!


I'm currently working on a healthier version of the quiche puffs using oat flour, egg whites, and seeing what other substitutions I can make!





2 comments:

  1. I am going to try to make paleo egg puffs. I just won't use cheese, and I'll use almond flour and then coconut oil instead of butter or something. OH! And I'll add mushrooms and spinach. That sounds gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how those turn out! I have out flour that I want to try with it, and I was trying to figure out what I could use instead of butter. SO PLEASE let me know how your variation turns out! Is out flour considered paleo? I already have oat flour, but I don't have almond. Lemme know!

    ReplyDelete