Monday, May 30, 2011

Let's give this a try...

I've never done a blog about me before... I've done a blog for a class project about my academic emphasis, but I've never posted anything about "me!" I guess I'll fill you in on the goings-on of my life and you can decide for yourself if I'm worth "following."
I recently graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Speech Communication. Usually, when I tell people that they assume I'm a speech pathologist, and I'm not. I am no more certified to cure your child's lateral lisp than I am to diagnose your odd idiosyncrasies. I've started to refer to my major as Speech and Communication Studies, people seem to understand that more. I'm basically an expert communicator and studied Interpersonal, Intercultural, Organizational, and Persuasive communication.
I'm moving to California in August to live out my dream... I'm going to be working for Disney as a Disney Desk Representative and I couldn't be more excited about it. I'm doing an internship program with Disneyland, but I'm hoping they'll want to keep me on after my internship ends. I had to wait till I graduated from college to apply for my dream job because I knew that if I had signed on to work for Disney... I would have never come back to finish school. I've done my time and it's time to do things my way!

I am currently mooching off my parent's in Oregon until my big move to Cali... jobs here haven't really panned out, so I'm picking up hours at the office every now and then and whoring myself out to families in need of babysitters. I'm hiking A LOT and just working my butt off (literally needs to happen, my bootay is hhuuuggeee). I'm also going to be making a few quilts and I'll be sure to update how those turn out. I'm reading books and getting through them pretty quickly, so I'm always in need of suggestions please. I'm currently reading "Run Your Butt Off." It's a sort of how-to guide for people, like myself, that SUCK at running. I'll explain more about this in another post laterz.
Well that's me for now... I'll be back soon!
Have a magical day

No comments:

Post a Comment